Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I refuse to get sick

I woke up yesterday morning with a sore throat. For me, nine times out of ten a sore throat is merely the prelude to a cold, which usually turns into a sinus infection. I am fighting this thing off by any means necessary so I'm not sick for Chicago's admit weekend. I cannot afford to be sick right now, too much to do at work and elsewhere. I'm popping cold-eeze zinc lozenges like they have crack in them, I'm giving Zicam a try, I'm drinking a bottomless cup of hot tea, and I got some hot and sour soup from the local Chinese take-out joint. Suck it, Mr. Virus.

Finally got my UCLA Anderson Admit binder. Of course it didn't arrive until after the exploding deadline on my scholarship had already exploded. The binder is actually really nice, very slick and filled with a ton of information, however it kinda irks me a little that they expected me to turn around a decision faster than they provided me with the basic information needed to make that decision. Oh well, so it goes. Although my non-response puts my scholarship back up for grabs (good luck guys!), I still have until April 15th to decline admission. Assuming all goes well in Chicago, I'll formally turn down UCLA next week.

Finished up my application for a sorority related scholarship that is due March 15th. Any additional funds would just be icing on the cake at this point, but with my level involvement in my sorority, I'm hopeful to get a little something.

5 comments:

Dave for MBA said...

Good for you. You made the right choice of school!

Dave for MBA said...

Good for you. You made the right choice of school!

Dave for MBA said...

Good for you. You made the right choice of school!

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself, and I look forward to meeting you this weekend!

PowerYogi said...

you can't fall sick ! will see you at admit weekend in 2 days.