Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Curveballs

Life throws them at you. Sometimes they are good, and sometimes they are bad, but what's important is how you react. I had a curveball thrown at me Sunday afternoon. Changes are afoot. I will likely be spending the next 5-6 months before b-school differently than I originally planned. Can't get into the specifics yet, but I assure you its good stuff, it's just keeping me occupied right now and I need to figure some things out before I broadcast it to the internet.

I guess it's a good thing I'm occupied so I have something to fixate on other than the release of Wharton R2 decisions...T minus 1 week 1 day 10 hours and change as of this posting. The nerves haven't started yet, but I expect they'll be in full force next week.

Finally got to go wakeboarding on Sunday. After a nearly 3 month hiatus, it was awesome to get back on the water, even though it made me feel completely out of shape. Even if you work out, there are little muscles you use to wakeboard that you can't train and absolutely let you know their displeasure about their use the next morning.

This weekend is sure to be crazy, starting on Thursday with the St Patty's Day/First Day of the NCAA Tournament doubleheader. May have to play hooky from work on Friday, and I think I need to block off an hour on my schedule tomorrow to finalize my brackets for the office pool. Can't believe the University of Washington Huskies got a #1 seed, but as a Washington State University alum that means all the more pleasure for me when they get upset.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Screw you! Washington is definitely going to the Sweet 16...Do you remember Gonzaga years ago? Where are the Cougs, huh? That's what I thought...

Go Dawgs!

Wakechick said...

Mr. Anonymous Dawg--

Don't think the screw you was necessary. Cougs rooting against Dawgs and Dawgs rooting against Cougs is just a fact of life. Nothing personal.

I do remember Gonzaga. I remember them beating UW by 12 points earlier this season.

FYI, I have UW going to the Sweet 16 in my bracket...but no further.

Cougs made the Pac-10 tourney and I'm proud of them. Vast improvement over the past few years. WSU is a football school anyway. Remember the Apple Cup??? ;)