Tuesday, March 29, 2005

The beginning of the end

Saturday was an awesome, long day that started shortly after dawn. My alarm went off at 6:30 am and I was totally out of it..."what f'n day is it and why is my alarm going off?" Ah yes, wakeboarding! I picked up A. and we met B. and his daughter at Lake Elsinore at 8:30. It was such a beautiful today and several other wakeboarding friends were also hitting the lake, so it was a very social day. The wind was down and conditions were pretty good, so we all had some nice sets. Even though the sun was out and the air temp was near 70, we still sported the dry suit, which is kinda like wearing a big baggy garbage bag with seals around your wrists, ankles, and neck. It's funny because the air that gets trapped inside is warmed by your body, so when you jump in the cold water it expands and the damn drysuit blows up and makes you look like the Michelin man, until you burp it. Hopefully I'll get a chance to get one last ride in So-Cal this weekend before I head north.

Saturday evening was my official farewell party. A few of my friends are out of town next weekend, so we had the official party this weekend even though this whole next week and a half will be my farewell party tour of San Diego. We met up at PB Bar & Grill around 4 pm to get things started with some beers and the Arizona-Illinois game. We had a pretty good turnout and it was happy hour so our tabs weren't too out of control. They only forced two shots on me, so it was pretty easy to control the pace of alcohol consumption and not get sick (and not have a hangover for Easter Sunday). As I said in a previous post, we ended the night at Sandbar and I was passed out in my own bed by 1 am. Not too shabby.

For Easter Sunday, we got a group together for Beers & Brats at the Bay. Played some Washers, played some Bocce, had some friendly wagers (one guy fit 15 Peeps in his mouth) and enjoyed good company.

Please help me root for Illinois this weekend. By some stroke of luck, I've managed to end up in contention in my NCAA pool. If they win, I finish in the money.

And if you haven't noticed, I've gotten more liberal about posting pics. My cover has been blown and I'm past the point of caring. All I ask is that you refrain from stalking me. I know it'll be a challenge, but I think y'all can handle it :)

No comments: