Sunday, October 09, 2005

I should be studying

But this weekend I've done everything but study. Yesterday was filled with college football viewing and reading a non-school related novel I couldn't put down. Last night, my friend and I hit the Vic Theater to see Jim Gaffigan do his stand up comedy act. Very, very funny, and the audience was totally into it because Comedy Central was there taping his act for a special to air in January.

Today I hit the gym, then my friend and I went and saw Proof. Excellent movie, I highly recommend it. Gwyneth Paltrow is amazing, she gave a raw and completely vulnerable performance. But she's not the only star of the movie. The University of Chicago also plays a big role, and the shots of campus (and the city) are beautiful.

I think I'm actually going to study now. Ops management homework awaits.

3 comments:

KV said...

It's good to have to some fun too. When was the last time you went wakeboarding? Or do you use the gym as a substitute for right now?

Wakechick said...

Haven't been wakeboarding since early September. School has squashed that activity and now the weather is turning too cold. Plus, I have to drive at least an hour out of the city to get to a riding spot.

Gym is my substitute, but it's not the same. And it's no better that I really don't have any snowboarding to look forward to since there are no mountains anywhere near Chicago.

rvb1977 said...

Good to know I'm not the only who sometimes forgoes studying with other stuff. Like football viewing (My Undergrad GPA was 0.4 pts lower in fall because of football).

Oh, and sometimes supplementing class with fine frothy beverages...

Keep up the good school work :-)