Thursday, July 14, 2005

Never a dull moment

An honest-to-goodness D-list former reality TV star came into our office today. Not as a client either (read: as a debtor). No joke. Due to privacy concerns I can't tell you who, but man, I wish I could because it's a good one!

After conducting 20 agonizing interviews in the past week, I've hired my replacement and she starts Monday morning. What a relief. In a small business where each person's role is critical, transition & training time is essential to business continuity. I have a personal interest in ensuring a smooth transition since it's my family's business, so I've been really worried about getting someone on and making sure I have at least two weeks of overlap for training. *fingers crossed* I'll get the new gal up to speed in short order and my last day at work will be July 29th. I think I've also got a new receptionist lined up, too. I am thrilled to be done interviewing. It's exhausting and there is a massive pile of work on my desk and I'm hoping I'll be able to make a dent in it tomorrow.

It's been a stressful week and I de-stressed this evening with some wakeboarding and some beer. Just what the doctor ordered. Now I'm off to rendezvous with Tivo to catch up with Stage 12 of Le Tour De France and today's episode of The Daily Show.

4 comments:

Wakechick said...

[creep Brittany Murphy voice] I'll never tell...

PowerYogi said...

but we'll get to know over drinks at TNDC right ?

KV said...

Thank you the bday wishes and congrats on finding your replacement on time. I too might go wakeboarding tomorrow morning. Not sure what lake though (it’s the one close to Redmond) but hopefully it won’t rain (it’s supposed to). Did I mention that this will be my first wakeboarding experience? Hopefully I won’t be too sore on Sunday!

JP said...

What does his name rhyme with?