Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Pictures from Richmond, VA

Check out these photos of damage from Tropical Storm Gatson in Richmond, Virginia.

Slideshow of Richmond Flooding

Huge sink holes, 120+ roads damaged, severe flooding. Amazing. I lived there for three years, part of that time in Shockoe Bottom just a few blocks from the Farmers Market depicted in a few of those pictures. I used to park my car right in front of the canal off the James River that caused all that flooding. I've wakeboarded on the Chickahominy River. Scary. Richmond has had a tough go of it lately. Last year, they had a hurricane roll through town and just a few weeks prior had an earthquake. Most of my friends are on high enough ground that they should not be impacted, but I'll be making phone calls this afternoon.

1 comment:

Dirty_Martini said...

Those pictures are very moving. It's sad to see the devastation and damage caused. Happy to hear your family is well. :)